”This program is the general plan that I am the proudest of. It is the application of everything I have learned over more than 20 years of coaching athletes, bodybuilders and average trainees. All of my best means and methods are introduced in a timely fashion in order to provide optimal results. More importantly, the program is designed in such a way that it promotes gains while preventing injuries. It is a thorough and evolutionary program that will help you add muscle, gain strength and function optimally.
This is the type of training I am doing myself. It allows me to build muscle, get stronger and still feel athletic. If you like my work, you will love this program!”
”Christian has all of the essential qualities to be one of the best strength coaches around. One, he actually loves training and walks the walk. Two, he is very well researched on all facets of productive strength training and performance. Finally, he explains complex ideas seamlessly and genuinely wants to bring out the best performance in his athletes and followers”
Here are the main specs of this plan. They will allow you to decide whether this is the right program for you.
- The program is 12 weeks long and includes three phases (accumulation, intensification, realization) consisting of two blocks each. The content changes every two weeks to avoid accommodation to the training style.
- The plan is designed for 5 training days per week. However, the first two phases include an optional day, so it can be done over 4 days.
- There is a progression in the frequency at which each muscle/main lift is being trained. Initially, there is less frequency and more volume per session/muscle, progressing towards a higher frequency in the later phases of the program. Changing the structure of the workouts allows you to meet the objectives of each phase and helps avoid accommodation to the training style. This will help you progress at a faster pace for much longer.
- The program is designed to make you stronger, more muscular and more powerful. It is what we could call a “powerbuilding” program. It can be effective for athletes such as football and hockey players, given conditioning is added to the planning.
- While the program involves mostly free weights, it does use some machines (specifically, leg press, leg curl and leg extension) and a pulley apparatus. However, if you do not have access to this equipment, alternative exercises can be provided via the support forum.
- Several means and methods are used to increase the focus on: 1) being able to optimally use your muscles and 2) perfect lifting technique. The goal is to learn to use muscles effectively so that both growth and strength can be increased at a faster and safer rate.
”Christian Thibaudeau is one of the most innovative, forward thinking personal trainers in the industry. In addition, he has honed his craft by learning from Olympic lifters, bodybuilders, powerlifters, strongmen, and CrossFitters, which enables him to appropriately prescribe the best methods for the task at hand. I highly recommend his seminar.”
What does the program include?
- A 30+ page training booklet detailing all the sessions, including how to prepare prior to each workout.
- Over 100 exercise videos that demonstrate proper technique and provide tips and tricks for each exercise so that you can reap the most benefit out of them.
- Access to a private support forum devoted only to the users of this program where I will be personally answering any questions you might have. You will also be able to post videos to this forum so that I can analyze your technique and if need be, recommend corrective exercises.
- A workout preparation sequence of context-specific mobility and activation exercises for each training session to ensure optimal performance and injury prevention.
- A dietary and supplement plan to help you optimize your gains.
”Christian is one of the most insightful, knowledgeable, and well rounded coaches I know in the entire strength and fitness field. He has the resume of a guy that talks the talk, and walks the walk. But he’s not just an elite coach. He’s an elite person. One of the few people in this industry whom I have complete and utter respect for in every way.”
Is this the right program for me?
Everyone can benefit from this program because it is a general plan that will not only help you add muscle and gain strength, but function more optimally. The goal is to learn to use muscles effectively so that both growth and strength can be increased at a faster and safer rate. The focus is on optimal motor control and lifting technique for safe and fast gains in size and strength.
How long is the program?
The program is 12 weeks long and includes three phases (accumulation, intensification, realization) consisting of two blocks each. The content changes every two weeks to avoid accommodation to the training style.
Does it include a nutrition plan?
Yes, a dietary and supplement plan is included to help you optimize your gains.
What kind of equipment do I need?
While the program involves mostly free weights, you will need some machines (specifically, leg press, leg curl and leg extension) and a pulley apparatus. However, if you do not have access to this equipment, alternative exercises can be provided via the support forum.
”I highly recommend you study Coach Thibs work. He is one of the rare thinkers out there who can think through and solve training issues whether your goal is to get bigger or stronger, or just feel better. This is a very rare skill in my experience. He will work you hard, but smart!”